Corporate Real Estate & Transaction Attorney
Job Summary (About the Role)
Kitchen United is looking for a Corporate Real Estate & Transaction Attorney to be a key member of our Kitchen United/Center team to provide legal expertise in the area of real estate and transactions. This team member will reflect our “United Best” behaviors to our internal as well as our external customers and partners This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Evaluating Letters of Intent and lease transactions nationally.
- Support and partner with real estate team to negotiate structures, drafts agreements and manage outside counsel
- Counsels internal business clients on sourcing operations, fulfillment and facilities, including acquisitions, leasing agreements (both existing facilities and build-to-suits), and land use and zoning issues;
- Responsible for property management agreements; construction agreements; procurement contracts; and other commercial transactions, ranging from standard contracts to complex, high-dollar-value transactions.
- Responsible for membership agreements with our restaurant partners
- Provides legal counsel, advice and direction to internal customers. Drafts and reviews legal documents and reviews proposed transactions to ensure maximum benefit to the corporation and minimum exposure to risk. Structures, negotiates and drafts legal and financial documents.
- Acts as primary legal department contact for outside attorney communications on assigned projects/issues.
- Conducts research and prepares memoranda relating to these areas. Plans, coordinates and implements legal activities relating to significant corporate programs.
- Monitors and interprets changes to and trends in government and legislative policies at the federal, state, local and/or international level. Determines company impact and advises senior management accordingly.
- Participates in the planning phase of various company products, services and projects, while balancing legal considerations and advice with the company’s goals.
- Reviews company policies and procedures as assigned and provides legal advice as to their compliance with applicable laws.
- Provides day-to-day business and real estate law counseling; identifies opportunities for and implements process improvements; administers and resolves legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships; and handles pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
- Role will be based in our Headquarters located in Pasadena.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills and strong practice management skills.
- Candidates should be a motivated self-starter and desire to work in a fast-paced and collegial environment with a diverse client base and significant external partners.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture & values of Kitchen United.
- Be process orientated with a keen eye for details and excellence in execution
- Have worked in a B2B/ B2C environment – e.g., franchise and co-working industry experience is a plus
- Be comfortable using technology to interpret data, communicate with a cross functional team and innovate to improve operational efficiencies.
- Have demonstrated ability to partner with related functions (Finance, Operations, Marketing/Sales, IT, HR)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to build and establish strong relationships with internal and external partners
- This is a fast paced environment so organization and multitasking skills will be required
- Minimum of 3+ years experience at a large law firm
- JD from ABA accredited law school required
Kitchen United is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Kitchen United will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life & AD&D, Paid Vacation and Sick Time